capella resort, ixtapa - photo diary 1


i am recently returned from Ixtapa, Mexico where i was able to spend 6 days courtesy of the glorious Capella resort! traveling is very important to me and it's also one of my favorite things to blog about, so i'm excited to share this experience with everyone. matt and i had such a great time enjoying the sun, the pools and the amazing activities the area had to offer. we took a million pictures! these are the ones from around the resort and I'll share the rest in the coming days. 

in the above photo i'm wearing my vitamin a gold bikini, tory burch sunglasses courtesy of sunglass hut, a lightnight bolt necklace and armor/vertibrae inspire bracelet made by me.


A view of the hotel from the pool



having breakfast in my marc jacobs yellow romper and new vogue sunglasses courtesy of sunglass hut. also wearing some really cool arm cuffs that fellow blogger and jewelry designer ashley of emergy sent me.


There was so much delicious food at the resort. This dish was called Huevos Veracruzana.


enjoying a delicious margarita at the terrace bar




a hibiscus margarita and still in my vogue sunnies



hanging out in the cabanas



wearing my vitamin a gold bikini, black lace cover up skirt, oversized hat and maui jim wiki wiki sunglasses courtesy of sunglass hut

hype this look on lookbook

the las rocas restaurant would bring us our food poolside to enjoy in the cabana





my spa room


the view from my spa room


some more spa details



gourment dinner at 'a mares' restaurant



my other pair of vogue sunnies that i brought for the trip




housekeeping surprised us with this beautiful design made from real flowers on the bed our first day of arrival


this was the terrace of our room


complete with our own private hammock and pool


every afternoon they would bring us homemade tortilla chips, pico de gallo, guacamole and beers to enjoy







a photo of me in our private terrace pool while it was raining 

here is a little video i shot to give you a better understanding of the layout of the room! hope you like it as much as i did:


we had such a lovely time at this unbelievable resort! i am so thankful to capella for inviting me to stay there and experience their great service and the beautiful area of ixtapa & zihuatanejo. i love blogging about travel and am so excited i can share the experience with all of you! so definitely tell me what you think in the comments. you can also see more photos of my trip on the full time fabulous blog that i write for sunglass hut! and be sure to let me know which is your favorite pair of sunglasses featured in this post!

8 comments:

  1. stunning photos!! looks like you had an amazing time :)

    http://lightmymidnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous22.8.11

    are you sure that dish is huevos a la veracuzana? I am mexican that looks more like enchiladas de mole...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i'm sure it is huevos veracRuzana. it had eggs in it and it's in a BLACK BEAN sauce. that is not molé. but thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hat! I continue to be super jealous of all you amazing vaca photos :)


    La Petite Marmoset

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos! looks like you had fun! wish I was in that kind of vacation! follow me back maybe?

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous place, like a piece of Paradise! And I love love love love that first picture of you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift! Sounds (and looks) like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing - have a wonderful time! X

    http://www.mademoiselle-lala.com/

    ReplyDelete