las gatas beach, mexico

 



 




this is las gatas beach in zihuatanejo, mexico. a bonafide slice of paradise and the perfect place to go snorkeling. matt and i took these photos during a recent trip to ixtapa, where we stayed for 6 days courtesy of capella resort. this was my first time snorkeling and was pretty blown away by the experience. i got to feed a school of rainbow fish and felt like their sea queen while they swarmed me. honestly, it was almost alarming until i reminded myself that they are completely harmless and very cute. cuteness is my cure-all. i give the experience a very enthusiastic thumbs up and highly recommend both the location and activities. 

and in case the photos aren't enough, here's a video matt took of me under the guise of taking photos. flippers, btw, are very hard to walk in. so no judging!

10 comments:

  1. Love this so much! I am glad to see you blogging again from your personal blog!

    XX!
    YvonnaLivianna
    YvonnaLivianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a beautiful place.

    http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27.8.11

    Your photos are gorgeous! I want that top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful1 I wish I was there now instead of hurricane land in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone =) i'm glad you like them. it was a very cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING!!! I need to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit and this gorgeous beach are so inspiring! Did you start your blog over? Where are your other posts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i'm from mexico and i enjoy looking your post, i really loooove your photos.. hope you had great time here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Che bella vacanza!

    ReplyDelete