capricorn

this is a mixed media traditional and digital illustration that i did a few months back while living in milan. it reminds me of two very specific times in my life: the one that inspired it and the one i was in while creating it. the two could not have been more different from each other, yet i am fond of both for different reasons. 

on a side note, i wish that cities would hire me to design benches and lamp posts for them. i would call it the "rogue bench and lamp post project" and the motto would be "impractical but awesome."

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how a city can be inspiring? I feel that way about London - every day is something new and exciting which pushes me to be more creative. X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly beautiful and haunting. I love the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louisville could use your street landscaping talents; Old Louisville is gentrifying as we speak, so plenty of opportunities there. And I love your subliminal touch with the Capricorn lamp post!

    What were those two inspirations that inspired this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the lamp posts, they always stand so straight. I love the use of gray and color. The blue straps on the shoes twist wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like Vogue meets Tim Burton or Edward Gorey!! Well done Kristy, LOVE it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing and absolutely gorgeous. hauntingly awesome. you are so talented!

    love kelly

    awesome inspiration! loving the last photo. thanks for sharing!

    love kelly


    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous16.11.11

    THIS IS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL AND HAUNTING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so amazing!! you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete