new york, new york

new york is nothing if not photogenic. i love how gritty and untamed it can be. there's a certain beauty in the chaos, a sense of comfort in the disarray. new york surprises you around every corner. often what you thought you knew is very different when next you return. it keeps you on your toes. new york will sharpen your wits, whether you like it or not.

i snapped the majority of these photos (except the ones i'm in, of course) over the last few months either with my canon or my iphone. some of these i ended up instagramming, hence the crazy filtering. (p.s. you should definitely follow me on instagram. it's a good time).

wearing: kenneth cole beige trench w/ black piping . jones bootmaker boots . beanie hat from the street vendor in front of the union square cinemas . f.r.a.v. shop milano gloves . american apparel knit top

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!

    www.creativityandchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! Makes me look at NY in a whole new light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see these photos! They make me want to go to New York so badly!! I've never been...

    XO Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous photos. now i am homesick for n.y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all photos, but this last one is magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some really great photos- Wish I could be there right now.

    Carrie

    http://www.ireallylovenewyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this urban, saturated shoot! Very soft and very urban as well.
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pictures! Now that we live closer to NY we might have to visit it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. After these photos, i am in n.y state of mind. great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous25.3.12

    where in new york is the 15th photo taken at

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your description of New York and couldn't have put it better myself. The unexpectedness of everything is what gets me. I am so inspired by all the energy and creativity of that great city every time I visit. It's unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You captured the energy of this city so well. I adore n.y.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the b&w photo of you on the subway. Unmistakably New York. It has that skeptic solitude to it...

    ReplyDelete