red rock

the red rocks of Sedona are nothing short of breathtaking. as you drive across endless expanses of beige-brown desert peppered with the green of cacti and lone trees, the brilliant red splotches that mark the start of Sedona territory stand out like blood against the terrain.

in case you haven't guessed, i'm road tripping in Arizona. back in my pre-teen years growing up in southern California, my parents and i used to road trip through the desert quite often. some of my fondest memories include sitting back seat of my dad's targa watching the night sky and listening to pink floyd. to this day, it's impossible for me to hear "wish you were here" without recalling that exact moment. which suits me fine. 

as for the outfit, i kept it pretty simple really. if there's ever a time to forgo trinkets and baubles, hiking through thorny patches and climbing over loose rocks is it. there are few things i feel sexier in than cut off jean shorts and ankle boots. a happy coincidence that my shirt ended up being the exact shade of rusted red as Sedona's stunning landscape. and my draped Quiksilver sweater is the perfect 'i-don't-try-too-hard' way to protect against the light chill of the desert's setting sun.

Hollister jean cut offs . Quiksilver draped sweater . Jones Bootmaker boots 

photos of me by Aristidis.

15 comments:

  1. OMG. You're not wearing platforms. Which is probably good, because I was just thinking today, "How does Kristy survive in NYC wearing all the crazy shoes she wears?" and if you were ever to actually successfully go hiking in platforms I'm sure we'd all out you as some kind of fashion goddess ninja superhero and your nomadic-city-street style wouldn't be able to hide your secret identity anymore.

    Lovely pictures - I've never been to Arizona, or anywhere with colors like that, really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures! Never been to states, but when I'll come I have to visit Arizona it looks gorgeous and you look gorgeous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to be in such a place it really is amazing, thank you for sharing ! You got amazing legs by the way!
    Thaïs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous30.3.12

    OMG indeed. Breathtaking place. great outfit. the color of your shirt is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing that you have places like this you can travel to. What a gorgeous location! Photography's fabulous too!

    Happy Friday! Enjoy the rest of your road trip :)

    http://lilylovelock.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous pictures! I remember Arizona as we were driving to Florida. Very desert-y....LOL. I grew up in a desert kind of place so it wasn't that exciting to me but it's very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutewly awesome pictures! Such a amazing environment! Love your sweater!

    www.creativityandchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock climbing never looked better! Beautiful pictures, I'm so impressed.
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect outfit for a road trip! Perfect pictures also!
    ~ Love ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. these pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect outfit for climbing the rock. looks sexy and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you are wearing. cute shorts and top. Sedona has very pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so beautiful...

    www.petitehorreur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete