like double cherry pie

hanging 'round the playground barefoot in cutoffs practicing backbends and reminiscing about the days when I could hang upside down on the monkey bars... you know... at the age of 6. i wish i'd kept a portion of my flexibility and upper body strength from those crazy grade school days. when time-out meant you had to spend all of recess on the swings, which created a frenzy in class each day for who could get in trouble the fastest before all the swings filled up with us delinquent children. coincidentally, my outfits back then growing up in southern california were remarkably similar to what i'm wearing here.

17 comments:

  1. wow wish I could do that! cute shorts!
    ~www.Tinacious.Me~ Giveaway~

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable!


    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kind of posts...someone being themselves. Sometimes people get all dressed up for their blogs and then you rarely see "them". Adorable outfit for the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit :) It's really simple but cool and something I would totally wear! Love all of these photos :)

    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit, cuter pics!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)
    http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool photo and nice simple look!

    www.creativityandchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha I wish I could say I've kept my flexibility in the back bend department!Not so much;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10.8.12

    Wow!! i wish i was that flexibly. xcool shorts!!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking gooooooooood. keep it up. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love third pic. admire your flexibility and your shorts. very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10.8.12

    Flexible post! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love,love, love the shorts! most adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made me want to go to the gym. hahaha. love your style and your shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember those days! I don't think I would even attempt to hang upside down now! I've been eyeing this cute playground here at our apartment and thinking it'd be fun to do an photoshoot there. After seeing your post I now feel I definitely should!

    ReplyDelete
  16. MyGrossLife13.9.12

    I just attempted #3 and my body snapped in half. Thanks for the courage to try -- and the pain of failure.

    ReplyDelete